Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - The Year in Review

I gotta say, 2012 was a pretty great year.  We had some set backs, but we also had some major triupmhs.  So, sit back, relax, and let's look back on 2012!

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Gave myself daily shots in the belly fat.  We've already established that I'm a needle wuss and being able to do that (ok, being able to have B do that) was a major accomplishment.  Oh, you know, also get pregnant.  Never done that one before either!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any last year.  I usually set myself up for failure and didn't want to start a new year that way.  And I don't think I'll make any for next year either!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My soon to be sister in law had my sweet baby nephew in October!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, B's sweet grandfather passed away in November.

 
5. What countries did you visit? Just the good ole US of A.  No international travel this year.
 
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A healthy baby boy!!!!
 
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 3 - B's successful surgery!  July 23 - my IUI in which we got pregnant!!  August 3 - Holy crap we're pregnant!!  November 8 - confirmed baby H is a BOY!  October 2 - welcome to the world sweet nephew!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning that I'm stronger than I think.  We had a lot thrown at us this year and I learned to trust in myself and know that I can in fact handle what's thrown at me.
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting myself get frustrated and upset about things that were out of my control.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Some colds, my epic pregnancy bronchitis, and my awesome fall in July that almost broke my foot.  Oh, and my dog bit me shortly after midnight last year, so we'll include that as well. 

 
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new car!  And, I guess, fertility meds.  Clearly those buggers worked!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My sweet amazing husband.  He's been my rock this year.  I'm so glad that I finally get to make him a daddy.  And, my mom.  She has been so unbelievably supportive through this whole thing.  In fact, she really deserves her own post dedicated to her awesomeness.
 
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Oh, the fine folks at B's insurance company.  And, at the office of the place that he had his surgery.  Those 2 companies were the source of much frustration and anger this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? To medical expenses.  Between B's surgery and my stuff, it was quite the expensive year medically.  But, sooooo soooo sooo worth every penny!

 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Oh, that's easy.  Finally getting pregnant.  There are no words to properly describe how excited we are about that!  And, all the new milestones that come with that.  It's been amazing so far!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Porcelain Doll by Chatham County Line.  B said it reminds him of when we have a baby and we finally did.  That song brought us to tears several times!
 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier.  Much much happier!
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Fatter. But, I'm ok with that since it's baby and all! :)
(c) Richer or Poorer? Poorer. But we're ok with that!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relax!  It was a stressful year, but it's all worked out in the end.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stress.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2012? We celebrated in NC with B's family. 

 
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? I fell more and more in love with my sweet B each and every day
22. How many one-night stands? Approximately ZERO
23. What was your favorite TV program? Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, Breaking Bad, Mad Men
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Can I say the insurance industry as a whole?  :)
25. What was the best book you read? Gone Girl. Amazing
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I can't say that I made any this year.
27. What did you want and get? Knocked up!

28. What did you want and not get? I got everything my heart desired this year.  I'm very lucky!!

29. What was your favourite film of this year? Ummmm... I'm not sure.  I guess none really stood out to me!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  I spent my bday at home and I turned 29.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It was a pretty satisfying year.  I guess the insurance company and the surgery center could have been non assholes, but that's out of my control.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Stretchy clothes are amazing!  Between the bloat of fertility meds and now being pregnant, stretchy clothes have been my friend this year!
33. What kept you sane? B, my mom, my friends, and my sweet puppies.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? After seeing Magic Mike, I finally understood what all the fuss was about with Channing Tatum!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? A lot this year, actually, and I'm not political at all.  The election was annoying, then the fiscal cliff mess, and now gun control.  Get your shit together, fellas!
36. Who did you miss? My family.  I hated missing my nephew's birth and then not being with them at Christmas.
37. Who was the best new person you met? I met a few great ladies this year that I"m glad I got to know.  Both in real life and online!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Everything happens when and why and how it's supposed to, even if it's not when or why or how I want it to.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. 
When we tried so long
We almost gave up hope
And I remember you
Comin' in and tellin’ me the news

Oh man we were livin’
Goin’ crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried

40. What are your resolutions for 2013? To know and respect my own limits as I get further in my pregnancy and beginning in motherhood.  To be the best mom I can be to our little guy.  To remember that not only am I a mommy, but also a wife and a friend and a woman and to honor each and every part of me.
 
Happy New Year everyone!!!  Let's make 2013 amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment