Friday, May 17, 2013

8 Weeks!

So, yeah, about the 6 weeks that have passed sine I last bad!  But, I have just been soaking up each and every minute I possibly can with my sweet little boo boo.
Weeks 3-4 were hard.  B went to Michigan to train for his new job.  This consisted of him tasting beers and booze.  Tough stuff.  You know what's not fun for a new mom of a baby who's only a few weeks old?  Getting texts of your hubby drinking all day for 2 weeks.  I wanted to stab him in the eyeball.  In the most loving way possible, of course.  But, all in all, we made it through.  And B loves the new job, so it was all worth it.  During that time, we made the decision to quit breastfeeding.  Once I started pumping exclusively and bottle feeding, things got rough.  My plan was to feed, then pump for the next feeding while el bambino chilled in his swing.  Well, he had others plans. Those mostly consisted of spitting up profusely and crying his eyes out for a good hour or so.  Not fun for the momma.  After about a week of this, I called the peditrician.  She said to switch my nightly formula feedings to sensitive formula.  I did that and it was like a whole new kid.  So, we did that for a day.  The next day I switched back to breast milk.  The beast was back.  After a tearful conversation with B, we made the decision to just go to formula.  I had gotten him to his original due date on breast milk, it was something.  I still felt very bad and defeated and like a failure.  But, this decision was in the best interest of my kiddo and me, and that's the best I can do.
At week 3 and a half, my sister and her boyfriend came by to pick me and boo boo up and take us to Myrtle Beach for our brother's wedding.  It was amazing.  I had unlimited help, plus my family got to meet my sweet boy. And, I got to see my brother marry the love of his life.  It was amazing.
Aren't we adorable in our matching outfits!
The following weekend, B had a work thing in DC, so the nugget and I tagged along.  We spent Saturday walking the National Mall and changing diapers on any national point of interest we could.  We changed a diaper at the Capitol Building, along the reflecting pool, and at the Natural History Museum.  Good times my friends, good times. 

The next few weeks were spent snuggling as much as I could.  My maternity leave was ending soon and I was one sad momma.  No part of me was ready or wanted to go back to work. 
Lazy Sunday Snuggles
The first day was hard.  I sobbed as I left him.  But, we have a great in home daycare lady to watch him.  We are very confident that he is in great hands.  But, they're not my hands, so that makes me sad.  But, I know that going to work is for the betterment of my little family.  It allows us to do certain things like eat and pay the mortgage.  You know, the little things.  But, it's gotten progressively easier. 

Last weekend was my first Mother's Day.  I can't explain how excited I was to finally be able to celebrate this holiday.  Last year, the weekend Mother's Day fell on was the weekend we found out or first round of fertility meds failed.  It's amazing what a difference a year can make.  Thank you, my sweet Holt, for making me a mommy.  I know with every fiber of my being that you were meant to be my son and I was meant to be your mommy.
My Mother's Day gift
We spent the day relaxing and then went to B's aunt's house to celebrate with the other mothers in the family. It was a great day.
Can you stand the cuteness?
I certainly can't!
At 7 weeks, we discovered that the poor little nugget has chicken pox!  B had shingles a few weeks ago, and apparently passed it along to the boy.  Poor little baby!  Luckily he doesn't seem to be bothered by them too bad. He's just a little clingier than usual.  But, I can't say that I mind the extra snuggles!
Loving his oatmeal bath
And, now we're at week 8!  Well, tomorrow.  I can't believe my sweet boy is going to be 2 months old.  It has flown by!  Next week, we're attempting a road trip to TN to visit my family for Memorial Day.  I'll check back in to report how it went driving 9 hours with a 9 week old!

To my sweet boy:
I love you more and more each day.  I had no idea my heart could hold this much love.  You are getting quite the little personality.  You love to be read to before bed.  But, then, you just hang out in your bed wide awake!  You love your carseat and going for a car ride.  You look around with those big wide eyes taking in the world around you.  You know my voice and your daddy's and will look our direction when we talk to you.  You're a great eater, goig from perfectly fine to STARVING in about 2.5 seconds flat.  That's always fun!  You love for us to sing you songs and talk to you.  You amaze us every day.

1 comment:

  1. you're doin great mama!
    i love the pictures. he is so cute!
    let us know how the trip goes!