Monday, December 30, 2013

9 Months!

My sweet little 9 month old got me sick, so my apologies if this post doesn't make the most sense ever.  My head is a little cloudy from all the medicine.  And snot.  Lots of snot.  Yum.

Anyway, H turned 9 months old while we were in Tennessee visiting my family for Christmas.  So, the pictures weren't taken until yesterday.  And we didn't have his well baby visit until today.


8 months vs. 9 months

Developmentally, he's exactly where he needs to be.  He's growing and learning new things every single day.

For weight, he's right at the 50th percentile at 20 lbs 11 oz
For weight, he appears to be leveling out.  He's 28.5 inches long in the 55%
His head, thank goodness!, is also leveling out.  It's still big - 18.5 cm (inches? I have no idea!) and in the 89%.  But, as the doctor said, it just means bigger hats.

He's a great eater, and will eat everything we give him.  He's at about 3-5 bottles a day and 3 meals.  He's on level 3 baby foods.  The doctor said to start giving him more finger foods.  He's got 5 (almost 6) teeth! So, he can handle more foods.

He's pretty much always in a great mood.  He's so smiley and happy.  He giggles more and more and babbles all the time.  I swear, I could just listen to him talk and giggle all day long and do nothing else.


Such a goof

He is soooo close to walking.  He can stand, unassisted and unsupported, for a few seconds on his own.  He cruises around on everything.  WHen he's not doing that, he's crawling all over creating.  He's so curious and I love it.




He doesn't really dislike much right now.  Although, during his cold last week, you'd think someone was murdering him anytime they tried to clean the snot situation going on in his nose.  But, aside from that, he's good.

He's loving his B Zany Zoo Cube he got for Christmas.  As well as his doll that we've been referring to as the "murder dog".  It's this stuffed V-Tech dog that lights up and talks.  However, when it says "it's learning time!" it really sounds like "it's murder time!" and it'll go off at weird times.   He loves to read books every night before bed.  He's also graduated to the big boy tub and no longer uses his infant tub.  It took some getting used to, but now he loves it as much as the other.




He's in size 3 diapers, still.  For clothes and jammies, he's in 9 months, or 6-12 months.  I can't believe he's already getting so big!  He's got a long torso, so a lot of the one piece things and overalls don't fit as well any more.  This morning, I had him in a fleece vest that was quickly veering into belly shirt territory.  Maybe he just has a milk gut?  LOL



This face!

He can wave bye bye and occasionally say it too.  He says mama and dada.  He gives kisses and I live for that.  I also love when he's cuddly and just burries his face into my neck.  That's my happy place.  He's starting to clap when we say "YAY!" and he could play peek a boo all day long.  He even holds a blanket over his head and will lower it when you say "where's Holt?".  Then he just cracks up.  He loves to have his chubby thighs tickled and  will laugh and laugh.  So, naturally, we do it all the time.

Sweet little Boo,

I love you so much I can't even stand it.  You are so much fun and we just can't get enough of you.  Can you please stay like this forever?

We love you!
Momma and Daddy

1 comment: