Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - The Year in Review

I did this post last year, so I thought I'd make it a yearly tradition.  2013 was pretty great.  My biggest dream was fulfilled.  I became a momma.  2014 is really going to have to bring it if it wants to even sort of compare.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Gave birth.  It was single handedly the most amazing experience of my life.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make New Year's resolutions.  Why set yourself up for failure at the beginning of a new year?  Not exactly the best way to start...

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me!  I don't thing it gets any closer than that...

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. 
 
5. What countries did you visit? None.  Just some travel within the southeast.  Kind of hard to travel internationally either super preggo or with a teeny baby.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?  More money would be nice...
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 23, 2013 - welcome to the world Holt Fairfield Watts II!!!!! April 20, 2013 - my big brother got married.  September 11, 2013 - I turned the big 3-0
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a momma.  It's the biggest achievement of my life.
 
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to breast feed.  I tried.  I really did.  But, at the same time, I feel like maybe I could have tried harder.  It was suuuuuch a struggle from the get go.  Then, with B being gone for 2 weeks on top of all the issues, it was just too much.  H is growing and thriving, so I know he's ok.  But, if I could go back, I would and try harder.
 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Preeclampsia, I suppose.  That had me bed ridden for 3 weeks pre-baby!
11. What was the best thing you bought?  Since we paid hospital bills, I'll say the baby!  LOL.  I know it's kind of a stretch, but since 2013 was the year of Holt, I'm going with it.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?  I'll give this one to my sweet husband again.  I thought I was in love with him before.  But, man, seeing him be a dad just made me fall even harder.  He's such a good dad to our little kiddo.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? I honestly don't think anyone's did this year.  At least not to me personally.
14. Where did most of your money go? The kiddo.  Of course
 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having my sweet boy and becoming a momma
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? You are my Sunshine.  It's the lullaby I always sing to Holt and almost always calms him down.
 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier!
(b) Thinner or Fatter? This is a trick question.  I was 25 weeks preggo this time last year.  So, I'll compare it to the year before and say fatter.
(c) Richer or Poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Enjoying every minute of my maternity leave and soaking up every ounce of newborn squishiness


19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stress!

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2013?   In Tennessee with my family.  Holt got to spend his first Christmas with his cousins and his aunts and uncles and my parents.  It was chaotic and awesome and so filled with love
 
21. Did you fall in love in 2013? Yep, with my sweet sweet little love bug

22. How many one-night stands?  Negative

23. What was your favorite TV program? I discovered the gloriousness that is Scandal.  It's the one show that I'll actually stay up for to watch live.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.  I try to not hate anyone.  I don't have the time for that kind of negativity in my life.

25. What was the best book you read? Oh gosh!  I read a lot of good books this year!  Ummmm...The Fault in Our Stars.  That book was amazing

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Twinkle Twinkle Little Rockstar Pandora.  Anything that has Hey Ya as a lullaby is amazing in my book!

27. What did you want and get? A happy, healthy, thriving baby
 
28. What did you want and not get?  Nothing that I can think of
29. What was your favourite film of this year? The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
 
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked then went to a low key Mexican dinner wit the hubs.  I turned 30.  I did go out the following weekend with some girlfriends and partied it up like I was 21 though! 

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Can't think of anything.  That's the funny thing about getting what you've always wanted.  It's kind of hard to top it.
 
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Stretchy and comfortable!
 
33. What kept you sane? My hubby and my mom. 
 
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Aaron Paul.  Love him!
 
35. What political issue stirred you the most?  Not much.  I'm not a super political person, so I try to ignore it as much as possible.
  
36. Who did you miss? My family in TN.  Always
 
37. Who was the best new person you met? Definitely Holt.  He's the best person I've ever met.
 
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.  Sometimes life doesn't turn out how you plan it.  Things don't go according to plan.  All you can do is hold on and enjoy the ride.
 
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.  You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.


40. What are your resolutions for 2014?  I usually don't do resolutions.  But this year, I will try to stress less.  Things always have a way of working out in the end.  And, if they don't, I'm learning I'm strong enough to deal with whatever life throws at me.  I'll also work on remembering that!

No comments:

Post a Comment